Adolescence By Day: Another Poem.

Blogger Template by Blogcrowds

Another Poem.

Another poem. I like writing poetry. You don't have to be nearly as coherent, but you can express so much more.

Beauty is fleeting
But I want it.

Living in the shadow of
the highlights and perfect skin
the shiny white teeth
the clothes I can only dream of.

Let me have a chance.
My beauty is on the inside.
I can't show it.
Out of convention,
Out of my mind.

Everything I wish for.
But it seems I have nothing.
Be happy, they say,
You are beautiful.

Superficial can hurt,
But the pain won't change my thoughts.
And my thoughts won't change my outside.

They tell me not to think about
If only I controlled my thoughts.

Those with the pretty outsides
Can be pretty inside too.
They have the full life.
While here I am, pale and small,
cling to what little half I have.

1 comments:

This is great! It captures perfectly what every girl says to herself at some point or another. Keep on writing!
If you're interested, you can submit poems to be published at teenagepoets.blogspot.com.

July 11, 2010 at 6:22 PM  

Newer Post Older Post Home